So I spent another week or so, and finally got all the power supplies mounted, power sequencer done, and everything connected up on the board so far. I made a power control/sequencer dealie so that I can turn the supplies on 2 at a time. This will prevent me popping the circuit breaker if I tried to turn all 16 on at once. The caps charging would suck a dip in the mains big enough to cause the lights to dim in the city I think. Other than that the pics are fairly self explainatory I think. Everything seems to be working and tomorrow I will mount the remaining 6 LED boards, and try it out on a full array. Note that the bottom LED boards show the data flipped. I thought I had set the bits in the controller but I guess I didn’t. There’s bits on the display signal streams that let my mirror the displayed data along X and Y, but I obviously didn’t set them, so the lower half is upside down. whoops.
Lots of holes have been drilled into the plywood “chassis”. The 64 holes for the supplies aren’t on there yet though.
All 16 supplies have been mounted to the board, woot.
Aaaand, here’s where all the nice new connectors I added poke through the front.
Closeup of the supply wiring connecting all the 120V stuff and what not.
These 8 relays sequence on one at a time to turn the two supplies on each.
First light with 4 boards!
Then some gameboy action
And now 6 boards.